How to Gain Confidence
As you are on this page, my guess is that you don’t feel confident enough. Is it how you look? You don’t feel gorgeous enough? Do you think your skills aren’t that outstanding enough? Your brain isn’t that sharp enough? Usually, it’s about a girl or a guy who you think is way out of your league. It happens a lot because we keep comparing ourselves to the perfect models of what we perceive as our ideal persona. You constantly dream of that ripping six-pack abs, sky-high IQ and your boss’s job. You have conditioned yourself that if you’re just to have these qualities, you’ll be on top of the world, successful, confident and happy.
We all know that in reality, that is not the case. Here’s a list of quick fix, often advised solutions to your sagging self-confidence.
- Power Dressing – Dress to success. Good clothes are said to lend confidence to the person wearing it. Looking good and feeling expensive will boost your confidence as you walk up to your girl or enter a room for a very important presentation.
- Power Walk – It has been established that a person walk could reflect his level of confidence. Trotters are known to be more confident, while the slow walkers are those in the dumps.
- Hold your Posture – A man that sits with his back straight, could look you straight in the eye, and keeps his chin up is a man of substance. So better not slouch and make a conscious effort of maintaining a good posture.
- Highlight your Strengths – Make a list of your good qualities and read them out to yourself whenever you’re feeling low. You can also go to forums and listen to motivational speakers.
- Be Thankful – Again, you have to make a list, this time put down all things that you are enjoying. Family, good health, a job, friends, talents, world peace. Focus on what you have and avoid dwelling on what you don’t.
- Pep Up Others – Give good cheer whenever you have the chance. Don’t be stringy with your praises. Always look at the good side of everyone. Eventually, all these will come back to you.
- Front Rows – Confident people always sits in front. They are not afraid of visibility. On the other hand, people who always seek the backseats or stay in the background are afraid of calling attention to them, thus lacks confidence.
- Speak Up – Don’t hesitate to voice out your opinion and thoughts. Most people are afraid of speaking up because they fear rejection and ridicule. So keeping their ideas to themselves are better alternatives than committing mistakes in public.
- Sweat it out – Another highly taunted confidence builder is body building, or at least keeping yourself physically fit. Exercising will definitely build you up physically and amp up your energy level as well. A sense of accomplishment that results from improving your physical appearance is always good for confidence building.
- Give, Give, Give – Another fell good activity is giving. Just thinking on the contributions that we are capable of giving will sure boost confidence.
These are just some of shallow and superficial remedies that you can do to fix your slumped self-confidence. That’s right. These are just temporary solutions. They might work for you in some situation and in some point in time, but not for all time and all circumstances. Dressing up might make you feel good about yourself, but what happens when you dress down? Are you sure everyone else like your suit?
The key to real confidence should start within you. It’s in knowing your inner self. The “you” that is not dependent on other peoples’ opinion. Focus on yourself as that is where you have absolute control. Trying to please the people around you will only prove frustrating for the simple fact that you cannot please everyone. Start on pleasing yourself. Happiness and confidence will follow.
There are ways, effective ways to do that. They’re actually simple and plain to see, we just have to realize and accept it. We can teach that to you. If you’re interested, get in touch with us for a free 30-minute coaching session. It might just be what you need.