The Power of Positive Thinking
Do you perceive rainy days a bother that hinders you from enjoying your day at the beach or an opportunity to stay home and make up with your reading?
Do you think extra tasks are impositions or just another chance to prove your prowess and shine?
Do you see unattainable goals or how awesome it would be to achieve such heights?
What’s your choice?
Right, how you recognize the particulars of your life is but a choice. Hemming and hawing is sure to give you an outlet to all of your frustrations, but it definitely wouldn’t solve anything for you. You may even get the wet blanket moniker for your efforts. If you’re working with a team, you will surely pull the team down, instead of trying to pull it up. Now, everyone would prefer a sunshiny personality to have a positive influence on them to someone who is burdened with rants.
Successful people in all aspects share one quality, that’s positive thinking. They don’t focus on the clouds, they look for silver linings. They don’t just move mountains, they consider on the many ways of moving the mountain. They see opportunities dressed in a working man’s overalls. They have another name for failure, it’s a lesson learned. How can you lose with that? The key is creating a win-win situation, always.
Of course, everyone has disappointments. But remember that the greatest teacher of all time is called “experience”. You may get all the formal instructions in the hallowed four walls of a university classroom, or the detailed advices from the pages of a self-help book written by renowned experts, but the real test still lies in the actual immersion. Don’t be afraid to try. As they say, you will never win until you try, and you never fail until you quit trying.
So if you’re still in the gloomy side, try to lighten up. Here are some tips that could help you.
- Take confidence – Take stock of everything you have. Education, brains, looks, talent, healthy body, etc. There must be some reason why you’re in possession of all these gifts. Aren’t you ought to put all your blessings in good use? Do not be afraid of failure, you won’t be an oddity as everyone has his own share of it. Just make sure to get up and try again.
- Departmentalize tasks – Some goals would really seem impossible, at first. Take your time to analyze and see the whole picture. Once you have a clear vision on the situation, try to break down the tasks. Work on a step-by-step process. You will be able to lighten the actual work load while still being on track to your goal.
- Focus on learning – Travels are all about the journey, not on destinations and arrivals. When undertaking a seemingly unreachable goal, learn all you can. There’s bound to be a lot of disappointments and setbacks but they are only there to guide you better. For every fall, learn from it and try again, this time you’ll be armed with better understanding.
- Reward yourself – Don’t hesitate to give yourself a pat on the back, a two thumbs up or a good toast whenever you feel you just achieve something. Buy yourself the long coveted designer shoes or a sumptuous dinner to celebrate small feats. This will help motivate you as you undertake bigger tasks and provides a welcome breather to all the hard work you’re putting in.
- Joy in small things – A perfect cup of coffee, a random smile from the girl next door or your dog’s loyalty. These seemingly insignificant things if taken as something special could really make your day. Count all your blessings, really, they’re plenty. Counting all of them will take all your time you won’t be able to think of one negative aspect.
The secret of a happy life is contentment. It’s not about getting the biggest paycheck or marrying the most beautiful girl. It’s being happy of what you got. Do not compare yourself to other man’s achievements, compete with yourself instead. Take all the compliments and learn from all criticisms.